Here's a few recent Google-related geonews:
- Today Google announced that StreetView is now available on all continents: "[…] with the addition today of Brazil, Ireland and Antarctica. You can now see images from around the world spanning from the beaches of Brazil, to the moors of Ireland, to the icy terrain in Antarctica."
- The Photo layer in Google Maps has been revamped, it's much nicer now (link includes a before-after screenshot).
- The GEB explains how historical imagery works in Google Earth 5, nothing that "the newest imagery in Google Earth can often be found in this historical imagery feature."
- The GEB also mention that there's new imagery for Washington DC.
- APB informs us that in a test, half of Google's Android apps shared location data without user consent.