Here's the recent open source / open data geonews covering the last two weeks.
- The OSGeo and the International Cartographic Association (ICA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding
- This Dr JTS entry mentions MapQuest's Open Elevation Service, that we never mentioned before – unrelated, Dr JTS aka Martin Davis, just got hired by OpenGeo
- OpenStreetMap for Denmark is now 97.2% complete, yes, crowdsourcing and open data can succeed, but the servers does cost money, hence the new OSM Tile usage policy
- Here's an entry on expression-based labeling now in QGIS and the new expression builder, another one on QGIS Topological Editing and we even got a new QGIS Plugin Builder
- R algorithms can now be called from SEXTANTE