Story imported from the previous Slashgeo.org Slashcode site, user comments have not been migrated. For more information, please read Welcome to the new Slashgeo.org!. Thank you for your understanding.
It seems OpenLayers 2.7 has been released. Here are the release notes.
From the announcement: “As of this final release, the OpenLayers 2.7 release closes 201 outstanding tickets. […] This release features a number of major developments, including:
* Vector-Behavior: Strategies, Protocols, Filters
* Improved Vector rendering for better performance
* Canvas rendering class
* Z-Ordering and Y-Ordering for Vector layers
* New Basic Measurement Control
* New OpenLayers.Request interface for AJAX
* Smarter Popups … and tons of other new features and bug fixes that you can see detailed here.
Furthermore, we are proud to announce two new additions to the AddIns directory! Yes, it is an exciting day for everyone in the OpenLayers Community. Please take the time to check out:
* Bookmark Control — Allows user a simple way to ‘bookmark’ locations on the map and navigate to them.
* Loading Panel — Provides a convenient and sexy animated status monitor so users know their layers are loading.
We even have a nice new UML Diagram to help people out with understanding the new classes in 2.7 and their relationships.”
See also previous OpenLayers stories below.