The second edition of the FOSS4G-Europe Conference will be held at Politecnico di Milano in Como, Italy, from July 15th to 17th, 2015. The Conference aims to bring together FOSS4G users and developers worldwide and foster closer interactions with and amongst European communities in order to share ideas for improving geodata, software and applications openess.
This week FOSS4G-Europe announced its Mapping parties, updated list of workshops and 2 new keynotes speakers.
1. Mapping Parties
Mapping Parties are FOSS4G events where people meet up for making and having fun.
They will take place in Como on Wednesday, July 15th.
In the true spirit of mapping parties ANYONE is welcome and can participate. The organized mapping parties are:
- OpenStreetMap mapping party
- Indoor mapping party
- Land coverage validation game
- Emotional mapping
Seats still available for workshops and here is a reminder for the programmed workshops:
- Raster and vector processing with GDAL
- How to write a Python GRASS GIS 7 addon
- Analysis with QGIS
- Land cover mapping with high resolution satellite images using Orfeo Toolbox, QGIS and OSM
- R for spatial data
- Free and open source software for kinematic GNSS positioning
- Deploying Web Processing Services using ZOO-Project – Examples Python WPS using PgRouting
- GeoServer on steroids: getting the best out of GeoServer
- Geopaparazzi: never out of data in the field
- FOSS4G routing with pgRouting, OpenStreetMap and OpenLayers 3
- Spatio-temporal Big Data: the Rasdaman approach in the context of the PublicaMundi project
- SensorWeb and IoT with OpenSensorHub
Here ar the two new keynotes speakers:
– Jeff McKenna, President, OSGEO Foundation
– Jun Chen, President, International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
As a reminder here are the previously announced:
Alessandro Annoni, Head of Digital Earth and Reference Data Unit, European Commission’s Joint Research Center
Georg Gartner, President, International Cartographic Association
Patrick Hogan, NASA World Wind Project Manager, NASA
Ki Joune Li, Professor, Pusan National University