From the announcement: "The new milestone is an iterative advance, with a number of new features and improvements. It is also the last release before 2.0, which is rapidly becoming feature complete and should move in to alpha releases soon. This 1.2 release adds a number of new features such as:
- comments and ratings on map and layers
- social features, to ‘like’ on facebook and ‘+1′ on google plus
- new find/add layers widget for the map composer
- inline legend for the map composer and layer/map pages
- better Feature Info tool
- use of MapQuest Open as the default base layer"
A quick reminder: "GeoNode is a platform for the management and publication of geospatial data. It brings together mature and stable open-source software projects under a consistent and easy-to-use interface allowing users, with little training, to quickly and easily share data and create interactive maps."
Read More »