- support OGC OpenSearch Geo and Time Extensions standard
- support for Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)
- support spatial dateline queries
- better support for geospatial links via the Python geolinks library
- fix CSW harvesting to harvest full records
- various fixes to OGC Filter handling
- ISO harvesting: capture all keywords / keywords sets
- ISO harvesting: support gmd:distributorTransferOptions
- GetRecords: fix maxrecords casting
- fix limit / offset queries for Django-based backends
- freetext searching: make non PostgreSQL FTS-based queries more like FTS
- fix date handling for ISO output
- add libxml2 version output in admin tools
- return distributed CSW queries in order
- support ISO-based CSW metadata harvesting
The full list of enhancements and bug fixes is available
pycsw is an OGC CSW server implementation written in Python.
pycsw fully implements the OpenGIS Catalogue Service Implementation Specification (Catalogue Service for the Web). Initial development started in (more formally announced). The project is certified OGC Compliant, and is an OGC Reference Implementation.
pycsw allows for the publishing and discovery of geospatial metadata. Existing repositories of geospatial metadata can also be exposed via OGC:CSW 2.0.2, providing a standards-based metadata and catalogue component of spatial data infrastructures.
pycsw is Open Source, released under an MIT license, and runs on all major platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X).
Source and binary downloads
The source code is available at:
Testers and developers are welcome.
The pycsw developer team.