Some Google-related geonews for the last two days:
- Google SketchUp 8 has been released: Major new features for modeling in geospatial context and for creating new 3D building models for Google Earth. [...] new “Solid” tools in SketchUp Pro for common additive/subtractive modeling operations [...] additional features in LayOut for documenting models professionally.
- Google added business logos to Google Maps.
- The FGT blog offers an informative 2-parts article on Android and the future of consumer GPS. An excerpt: "Android has the capability to turn GPS into a commodity market, meaning less control and more competition, leading to lower prices. And this is an environment that the old-school GPS vendors may have trouble with." FGT also decided to launch a new blog named AndroGeoid.
- Google's Ed Parsons wonder if 'When' is the next big thing after the 'Where'.
- Here's an entry named Mapping with Google Fusion Tables .
- The GEB has an entry on 3D sound with the Google Earth plug-in.