The Nottingham Geospatial Institute (University of Nottingham), Open Source Geospatial Foundation (UK chapter) , ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies and the Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe (AGILE) are organising the Fourth Open Source GIS Conference in the UK on 4th - 5th Sep at the University of Nottingham.
We are pleased to announce the keynote speakers and workshops for OSGIS.
OSGIS Keynote Speakers:
- Prof. David Martin (University of Southampton)
- Steven Feldman (KnowWhere Consulting and FOSS4G Chair)
- Ian James (Chief Architect, Information Systems, Ordnance Survey & Technical Architect, UK Location Programme)
- AM- "GeoNetwork for dummies, or how to setup and use an SDI in 3 hours"- Geocat (Netherlands)
- PM- Getting started with GeoServer and INSPIRE services", GeoSolutions (Italy)
- All day "Educational use of OSGeo Live", Ari Jolma, Aalto Uni (Finland)
- PM - "Advanced GeoNetwork" - Geocat (Netherlands)
- PM- "OSM-GB services and data"- NGI
The key aims of OSGIS are:
o hear presentations from government, academic, industry and policy makers on open source, open standards and open data geospatial technologies
o To understand current developments in open source GIS
o to act as a focus for open source, open standards, open data GIS research
o To provide platform to network and develop ideas for future collaborative work in open source GIS
Registrations are open at Early bird registrations ends on July 25th. Places for workshops are limited. The provisional agenda for the main conference is also available at the website.
We are look forward to welcoming you to the University of Nottingham for an interesting conference and building future research collaborations in this exciting and rapidly developing research theme.
OSGIS TeamRead More »